In the world of addictive drugs, there are always some which are more addictive than the other. Getting addicted to drugs is not a pretty sight, and you lose a lot more than what you gain with using drugs. There are health risks as well as risks in the financial as well as family matters. So, why do people primarily make use of drugs? Well, it is mainly to remain in a state of euphoria, and to mask the pain that they are going through on a daily basis.
Based on a dependency ranking, here are some of the most addictive drugs in the market:
- Heroin: Notably the undisputed king of all narcotics, heroin is also responsible for at least 50% of all deaths as a result of drug addiction. It is the ability of heroin absorption of the human body that makes it a very potent drug in the heady mixture of drug addiction. Moreover, heroin can also act as a stimulant to extracting the maximum euphoric feeling in a person before the withdrawal symptoms take over.
- Cocaine: In its purest form, cocaine, or rather crack cocaine is also pretty potent as a drug. It can activate various parts of the brain that cause the excessive release of dopamine which is responsible for the feeling of pleasure in human beings. Similarly, smoking crack, or even snorting it can result in an immediate high that can last for at least half an hour.
- Nicotine: Commonly found in cigarettes, nicotine is also responsible for maximum deaths pertaining to lung cancer. At least 35 million people want to quit smoking every year, but somehow most of them relapse within a week or so.
- Methadone: Coming from the opiate family, methadone is commonly used as an alternative for morphine or heroin addiction. Within the clinical setting, it is a wonderful drug and considered to be pretty beneficial. However, excessive use of methadone has led to the drug addiction in the first place.
- Crystal Meth or Methamphetamine: Dopamine and Norepinephrine are the two hormones released with the use of methamphetamine. It provides for a sense of alertness as well as excessive energy, and one can confuse it easily with adrenaline. Crystal meth can produce at least 10 times more the levels of dopamine, producing an artificial high that lasts for a considerable period of time. However, it is highly addictive, and has resulted in a lot of fatalities in the past few years.
- Amphetamines: Although not as addictive as crystal meth, amphetamines also have their own brand of fan following. Men have been known to cause intense cravings in people, and they are also associated with a lot of attractive side effects like euphoria, weight loss, and a growth in confidence.
- Benzodiazepines: Benzodiazepines commonly known as Valium, Xanax are the common prescription drugs available in the market. Known for releasing GABA hormone, it builds up the tolerance level of the body to this drug pretty quickly, thereby resulting in overdose.